Is Vietnam Visa on Arrival Legitimated?
Applying for visa on arrival helps in saving you money and time. Obtaining a visa on arrival is increasingly becoming the most popular way through which you can travel to Vietnam. Vietnam and a few other countries in the neighborhood such as Indonesia, India, Cambodia and China, to a smaller degree, China have permitted travel companies to acquire a visa upon arrival on behalf of their customers. Initially, only travelers who book a tour in the country could have their visa prepared by the travel company which should have the international tour operator license. The new law that has been passed in 2000 has changed the format of the visa on arrival.
This has made it easier for travelers to acquire the visa than ever before. After obtaining the approval letter for the traveler, the company forwards a copy to them through fax or email. Copies of the document are also forwarded to various Vietnam Immigration checkpoints via electronics system at the international airports on your behalf. Once you arrive in the country, the immigration officers will be ready with the documents so that your entry visa can be issued quickly.
If you are wondering whether the process of issuing the visa on arrival in Vietnam is legitimate or not, let us tell you that it is. Your visa is issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department. There are various online tourism businesses where you can apply for your visa online. Foreigners are permitted to enter at the International Border gate point in the following circumstances:
- They are to attend funerals of their relatives or for visiting their seriously sick relatives
- They leave from countries where Vietnamese consulates or diplomatic missions are not available
- They enter the country for visits under programs that are organized by the international travel agencies of Vietnam
- They enter to offer urgent technical backup for projects or programs, to provide help to seriously ill people, accident victims or to offer rescue for the victims of epidemics and natural disasters in Vietnam
- For other crucial reasons
Benefits of Visa on Arrival
- The process of applying for the visa on arrival is straight and simple. Most travel agencies explain how you can get a visa on arrival in Vietnam in great detail so that there is no room for confusion.
- Visa on arrival saves your money and time, especially if you are in need of visa urgently.
- There is no hassle with sending the passport away.
The visa on arrival is an alternative way to get your visa to Vietnam. It is also recognized by the International Air Traffic Association.
Please see below to learn from official site website of government if you have any doubt about my words
1/ Ordinance On Entry, Exit And Residence Of Foreigners In Vietnam. Click to see the article from Ministry of Justice official site : http://moj.gov.vn/vbpq/en/Lists/Vn%20bn%20php%20lut/View_Detail.aspx?ItemID=411)
2/ Decree No. 21/2001/ND-CP of May 28, 2001 Detailing the Implementation of the Ordinance on Entry, Exit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam. Click this link to see the article from Ministry of Justice official site : http://moj.gov.vn/vbpq/en/Lists/Vn%20bn%20php%20lut/View_Detail.aspx?ItemID=9148)
3/ Joint Circular No. 04/2002/TTLT/BCA-BNG of January 29, 2002 Guiding the Implementation of the Decree No. 21/2001/ND-CP of May 28, 2001 Detailing the Implementation of the Ordinance on Entry, Exit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam. Click the link to see the article from Ministry of Justice official site : http://moj.gov.vn/vbpq/en/Lists/Vn%20bn%20php%20lut/View_Detail.aspx?ItemID=10333)
4/ Circular 190/2012/TT-BTC – Amending and supplementing the circular No.66/2009/TT-BTC, of march 30, 2009 of the ministry of finance stipulating the regime on collection, remittance, management and use of fees on passports, visas and papers on entry, exit, transit and residence in Vietnam. Click to see the article from Ministry of Finance official site : http://www.mof.gov.vn/portal/page/portal/mof_en/ld)