Procedure to get Vietnam Visa at Embassy of Vietnam
You can apply for entry visas to Vietnam in person or by post at the embassy of Vietnam. If you are planning to apply for the visa by post, you need to download the application form from the official website of the embassy where you want to submit visa for. Then submit it or send it through express or registered post to the Embassy. For this, the following documents are required:
- Original passport that is valid for at least 6 months after visa expiration with a blank page left. Make sure you are aware of your passport details if you need them when the passport is with the Embassy.
- A completed application form with a passport size photo fixed on the form. You need to fill in the form accurately and eligibly for avoiding misinterpretation and facilitating visa processing. You should take responsibility for the information accuracy that has been provided in the form. You are required to clarify the dates of departure and arrival as the visa will be valid from the date of arrival that has been put there in the application form.
- If the passport needs to be returned by post, you need to send a return self-addressed prepaid envelope.
- The visa fee should be paid in cash, bank check or money order payable to the Embassy of Vietnam. The visa fees tend to vary and depend on the duration of your stay and types of visas. For further information you need to contact the embassy.
- Once you get back the visa, remember to check the details on it including the passport number, date of entry and exit, single or multiple entry or more before traveling.
If you are applying in person, you can visit the embassy to receive assistance onsite by the staff. After receiving the application, you will have to allow 3 days or so for your passport and visa to be prepared for being collected at the Embassy or for returning by post in the return envelope that has been provided by you. Foreign passport holders might take longer depending on each application. Express services are available at an additional cost.
The delivery time required by the post office is not taken in the processing time. It depends on the post. After receiving the passport and the visa, you need to check carefully for the details. In case of errors and discrepancies regarding the date of arrival or departure, types of visas etc. you are required to bring it to the immediate notice of the Embassy. If the errors are caused due to inaccurate information provided by you in the application form, the Embassy does not take responsibility and the costs required for clarification need to be borne by you.